Fat chance. Homeowners and umbrella policies frequently have exclusions for “aircraft.” Recreational drones above 0.55lbs are required to be registered with the FAA (via their operators) and are considered aircraft. Drones are a new, specialized risk and as such require their own breed of insurance, backed by aviation insurance companies. We have to advise you to check your policy and contact your agent, but the fact that you have to do this shows how unlikely it is any drone claim would be covered, right? Policies arranged by Verifly are backed by the best aviation insurers in the business and insure your liability for a wide range of injury or damage caused by drone operation. The policies we arrange also cover you for commercial use of your drone - homeowners and umbrella policies almost never cover business use.