While we do not have a way to disable permissions, we use the minimum level of permissions necessary to allow you to use GPS and download policies to your phone.
Information We Obtain in Conducting Our Business
In the normal course of our business, we may store and process Personal Information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Services. In particular, we may collect the following information from you:
- Registration, Enrollment, and Account Information: When you create a Verifly Account and access our Services or update the details of your Verifly Account, you are voluntarily giving us Personal Information. Personal Information may include your name, address, Social Security Number, account number with Verifly, financial information and any other information provided on an insurance application. We only collect information that is necessary in order for you to use our Services.
- Access or Use the Services: When you access the Services to obtain insurance, any Personal Information that you provide to search for insurance, accept an insurance policy, or pay for an insurance policy that may be available is provided to us voluntarily.
- Communicate with Verifly: You may voluntarily make Personal Information available to us when accessing or using our Services or contacting our customer services representatives.
- Claims Information: You may voluntarily give us your Personal Information when you report, change or update a claim.
- Information to Respond to Your Requests: You may voluntarily give us your Personal Information so we can respond to your requests for information, manage the application process, and send you communications.
- Social Network Services Information: When you sign in, or engage, with our Services through Social Network Services, you are agreeing to give us on-going access to your Personal Information that you have provided to the Third-Party Account, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party Account and authorized by you. This may include, your public profile, friend list, people you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, religious and political views, website, personal description, and likes, and your friend’s birthdays, education histories, personal descriptions, and likes. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of Third-Party Accounts that are linked from our Services.
- Video Information: We may collect analytical information about any videos you view and submit on the Platform. You consent to our collection of video viewing information on the Platform and sharing this information with our affiliates and vendors.
- Survey Information: From time to time, we may ask you to complete surveys relating to your experiences with the Services. In connection with same, we may obtain your demographic information (e.g., city, state, account ID, date of birth) and other Personal Information.
- Information from Other Sources or Combined by Us: We may combine information from outside sources to customize your experience using the Services.
- Mobile Information: We may collect additional information from you if you use our Platform through a mobile device (e.g., your unique device identifier, location, geospatial or GPS/geolocation).
- Log Data Information: We may also receive, store and process “log data”, which is information that is automatically recorded whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Verifly or logged into your Verifly account, such as your IP address, the date and time you accessed the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
- Unmanned Aircraft System Log Files: We may receive, store and process log files from your unmanned aircraft system.
- Technical Usage Information: We use tracking technologies such as cookies and other similar technologies to measure usage.
- Telephone Communication: When you call our customer service team, we may collect your name, account ID and other information to assist you in addition to any Personal Information that you may provide in the process of obtaining or learning about insurance coverages.
We may also obtain other Personal Information about you if necessary from consumer reporting agencies, other insurers and unaffiliated third parties, public records and other sources. Information collected about you may include information related to your marital status, employment history, income, assets, credit score, credit history, open lines of credit, the size of your household, health, or transactions with us or others.
We use your Personal Information to provide superior products and services to you, to make sure that what we know about you is correct and complete, to report claims, to prevent fraud and other crimes, to conduct analyses for our business, for other normal business administration and related services, and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Verifly may access, preserve and disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary: (a) to respond to claims asserted against Verifly; (b) to comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas and warrants); (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users; (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Verifly, its users or members of the public.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
- we believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon Verifly, our customers or otherwise through the Services.