Thimble (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) has a referral program to acquire new customers while rewarding our existing Thimble customers. These terms and conditions apply to your use of our customer referral program.
How it works
1. A Thimble customer shares a unique link with a referee, via email, text, or copy and paste.
2. The referee opens the link and enters the quote flow, providing zip code, profession, and policy dates.
3. The referee must create an account before purchasing:
- Referee enters profile information: email, first name, last name, and a password
- Referee enters payment details: card number, expiration date, and CVV
4. The referee must activate their account one of two ways, which is not contingent on the purchase of a policy:
- Primary Method: The referee activates their account by verifying their email. This is for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- Secondary Method: The referee makes a purchase, which automatically activates their account (this is so referrers are still credited with a successful referral if the referee purchases but does not activate via email).
5. The referrer is issued a $10 reward in the form of a gift card, accessible 3 days from account activation. The referrer can earn up to $50 in rewards per calendar year.
Payment: Each referral is worth $10 in the form of a gift card. Gift card codes are redeemed and provided digitally by Tremendous, a third-party reward platform.
Limit: Each referrer is limited to 5 paid referrals ($50) per calendar year, to meet the lowest common denominator of valuable consideration from Referral Fee Regulations. Referrers can continue referring customers beyond the limit for no reward.
State Availability: The referral program is only accessible in 25 eligible states: AK, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, HI, IL, IA, KY, LA, MD, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NM, NC, OH, VA, WA, WI, OR, RI.
Customer Availability: For testing purposes, the referral program is only eligible to loyal customers with 2 or more policies. The customer referral program will be available to all Thimble customers in approved states by April 30th, 2020.
Fraud Protection and Account Activation:
Stripe Payment Validation: We use Stripe to prevent multiple accounts with the same card.
Sendgrid Email Validation: We use Sendgrid’s email validation API to prevent entering fake email addresses.
Account Activation: We send an email to the referee after account creation to verify that the email they used was actually theirs.
Successful Purchases: We automatically activate accounts if a referee purchases in order to provide referrers their reward.
Pending Withdraw: Rewards can be redeemed after 3 days while we check for fraudulent activity.
Thimble retains the right to terminate the program at any time.
In its sole discretion, if Thimble determines fraudulent activity on an account, Thimble may prevent the user from redeeming rewards.